Welcome to Miss Daisy's Cottage, located in historic Jefferson, Texas. The original building was built in 1887 as the servant's cottage of the historic Brown House which, unfortunately, burned to the ground in 2013. The Brown House was the home of prominent Jefferson businessman George W. Brown, wife Daisy Helen Kelly Brown, and their children. Long before it was destroyed by fire, the ornate Victorian structure was awarded a Texas Historical Medallion and site marker by the Texas Historical Commission. This recognition was the result of research and application by Brown's granddaughter, Dorothy Brown McCasland Craver who, until her death in November 2016, was an owner of the property along with her daughter Marcia Thomas.
The cottage was enlarged in the 1980's and completely renovated in 2015. It features two bedrooms on the upper level, each with footed tubs and private lavatory and commode. Downstairs are two living rooms, dining room, Victorian-styled kitchen, and three bathrooms, all with antique reproduction furnishings and local artworks and memorabilia.
The cottage is three blocks from the intersection of Highways 59 and 49, and is convenient to grocery and convenience stores, restaurants, and cleaners.
Off-street parking is included, and space is available for RV parking (sorry, no hookups).